John M. Manning, PhD
CEO and Managing Consultant
Prior to forming Cypress Executive Consulting, LLC, John was CEO of three international technology companies: dpiX, LLC; Sharp Microelectronics; and Monolith Technologies Corp. He was also CEO & President of dpiX Holding, LLC.
John began his career as a Research and Development Engineer at Hewlett-Packard's Loveland Instruments Division Laboratories, eventually becoming the Director of IC R&D for most of HP. John then held the position of VP, Engineering for Pro-Log Corp. Next, he was Chief Scientist and Director of Corporate Development for Evans & Sutherland Computer Corp. Following his years at E&S, John joined Burr-Brown Corp as VP, Corporate Development & Systems Products Operations. John formed an international joint venture between Burr-Brown in the U.S. and Hualon Microelectronics Corp. in Taiwan. The result was Monolith Technologies Corp. John was elected CEO and President. John was next hired as CEO, President and Chairman of Sharp Microelectronics Technology, Inc., a household name and world leader in Liquid Crystal Displays (LCDs), Integrated Circuits (ICs), Consumer Electronics, Modular Systems and Smart Vision technologies. Most recently, John was CEO and President of dpiX, LLC. dpiX is organized as a strategic technology partnership between Philips Healthcare (Netherlands), Siemens Healthcare (Germany), Varian Medical (US and Switzerland), Thales (formerly Thomson CSF, France), and Xerox (US). He led dpiX for seven years.
John has a track record of leading companies in diverse technological and business environments, drawing the best from their resources and making them growing, profitable concerns. These companies have run in size from a bare start-up to a global giant. In each case the results have been growth in profits, revenues, cash and market share.
Dr. Manning currently serves as a Director on the Board of Resource Management Technology Systems, Inc., Albany, NY.
· BS (Brigham Young Univ.) degree in Electrical Engineering with a Physics second
· MS (Colorado State Univ.) degree in Electrical Engineering
· Ph.D. (Columbia Pac. Univ.) degree in Electrical Engineering and Condensed Matter Physics
· Executive Institute for High-Tech Management (Executive MBA ) (Stanford Univ.)
· IEEE - Sr. Member
· SPIE - Member
· AAMA (Asian American Multi-technology Association) - Life Member
· AES (Audio Engineering Society) - Member (Fellow nominee)
· U.S. Display Consortium (now “FlexTech Alliance”), Governing Board
Member, Executive Committee Member (2000 - 2007)
· Global Display Network, Founding Board Member
· Alliance of Chief Executives - Member
· Eta Kappa Nu Engineering Honors Society – Life Member